Founded in 2015, Will Reed is the only executive search firm built exclusively for early-stage founders. We recruit the best go-to-market (GTM) leaders for Seed through Series C companies backed by leading venture capital firms like Andressen Horowitz, Sequoia, GGV, Insight, NEA, etc.
We believe early-stage founders are shaping the future. At Will Reed, you can be part of a team that plays a meaningful role in helping great founders hire the right talent to bring good things to the whole world. Learn more at willreed.com.
Will Reed is looking for a Principal who wants to strategize and execute a consultative search process. In this role, you will work directly with early-stage founders who will rely on your counsel, network and industry expertise to hire their first go-to-market executives (VPs and C-suite). These hires can make or break a company, so we’re looking for someone who takes personal pride in a job well done and likes the idea of running their own book of business.
As a full-cycle Principal, you will lead multiple searches per quarter. You find purpose and enjoyment in the below activities:
- Research and strategy: Understanding the client, role, market landscape, candidate pool, etc.
- Consulting: Advising, problem-solving and sharing industry best practices with clients/stakeholders
- Sourcing: Using strategic tools (e.g. LinkedIn Recruiter) to find applicable candidates
- Messaging: Utilizing various mediums and creative tactics to get in touch with candidates
- Screening: Vetting candidates to qualify their experience and create excitement for the role/client
- Coaching: Guiding candidates through the interview process and overcoming objections as needed
- Selling: Knowing how to properly showcase a candidate’s experience to a client
- Closing: Reviewing offers with candidates and clients to ensure a win-win outcome
- 8+ years of direct agency or in-house recruitment experience (preferably go-to-market)
- 12+ years of sales, consulting or client relations in a high-growth environment (preferably SaaS)
- Prior experience recruiting for VP or C-level roles, preferable for go-to-market functions
- Excellent organizational/administrative skills
- Strategic problem-solving skills
- Executive presence: capable, reliable, able to inspire confidence in stakeholders
- Willingness to coach, mentor, support junior associates at Will Reed, upleveling the team and making us better at what we do
- High capacity - able to juggle several types of roles at one time (i.e. Head of Marketing, VP of Sales, Head of People, etc.)
- Passion for the VC realm and helping early stage founders succeed
The Perks + Benefits
- Unlimited PTO
- 401k + medical, dental and vision coverage
- Phone and technology stipend
- Joy Days
- Annual company retreat & in-person recalibrations
- And more!
See our full list & our perks/benefits philosophy on our Careers page
Will Reed is an equal opportunity employer and encourages everyone to apply to join our team.
We embrace diversity and inclusivity for every individual that walks through our doors or interacts with our team. We will always seek to recruit, train, retain, and empower the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.